We kicked off a new style of Sunday Adult Bible Class called "Hope University". This adult class offers "courses" in which we all learn how to be everyday theologians in our world. Each week is a packed study of specific topics including:
- Being Lutheran (Lutheran distinctives)
- World Religions
- Denominational Distinctives
- Church History
- New Testament Overview
- Old Testament Overview
- Christian Education
"And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching, and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. They broke bread together in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts" (Acts 2:42, 46).
There's something that happens in circles that just doesn't happen in rows.
We believe that the Christian life is best lived in community with other believers where we can challenge and encourage each other. At various intervals throughout the year, we offer a variety of small groups we call "Life Groups" as well as Bible studies that meet in people's homes.
Current small groups include:
Lutheran Women's Missionary League (LWML) is a group of female servant leaders who gather monthly in fellowship and Bible Study. They are charged with coordinating funeral receptions including serving and providing meals. They also put on the spring church rummage sale, local and global drives including the shoe drive, and raise funds to provide charitable giving.
The men's ministry consists of several opportunities for men to grow in their relationship with Christ so they can live out their faith and make an impact on their families, workplaces, and church.
- Man Camp (camping, outdoor recreation, Bible Study and fellowship)
- Fella-Ship (Bi-monthly gathering with food, devotion, and time together)
- Men's Life Group (An intentional face to face gathering men who meet regularly with the common purpose of living on a mission with God in a covenant community and growing as disciples of Jesus)
The women's ministry consists of several elements to help nurture, encourage, and equip women to know and follow Jesus in their daily life.
- Women's Retreat (overnight, off site retreat to refresh the mind, body, and soul)
- Women's Life Group
- Craft Days (periodical Saturday gatherings of fellowship, prayer and fun)