How to do the drive up Communion.
Due to COVID 19 we needed to switch up Communion a bit to keep everyone healthy. Check out this video to see what to expect.
See what things will change during our services now the the Governor has allowed us to regather.
With the temporary suspension of our church services and group activities until June 7, we are focused on providing you with online opportunities to connect and hear the hope that is in Jesus! Each week, we will be posting a Sunday service, and occasional verses and thoughts to bring you light.
Youth and families can check out Ms. Kristi's Music, Movement & Jesus videos on YouTube.
All other meetings are being held via Zoom.
Our church staff is here for you. If you have any needs for visitation, communion, special circumstances, etc., please reach out to our office at 651-480-2273.
May 28, 2020
Dear Hope Family,
Eph. 5:15-21 Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is …but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Grace and peace to you in Jesus name! Paul in the passage above speaks of being wise and understanding God’s will in relationship to one another. This is especially as we come together in worship and praise of our God who saves us—that we come together in His Name and as one. With this at heart we will begin to gather publicly for worship at our regular hour on Sunday morning at 25% capacity. So we will gather in groups of forty at most plus the worship team and pastor, 50 total.
- We encourage you to register online if you plan to attend. If you need help registering please call the church office at 651-480-2273. Live video of the in-person service will not be available at this time, but a second service will be recorded and released online at the appropriate hour.
- As the best precaution, please stay home if you are unwell or have been exposed to the virus. This will ensure we will not compromise our capacity to be here for you when you are well. The wearing of masks is strongly recommended, however they’re not required. We will have a supply on hand should anyone come unprepared and wish to have protection.
- We will congregate socially inside the church building only for the briefest of moments, if you wish to linger it is best to do so outside. Please be mindful of your spacing and surroundings. Chairs in the main lobby will remain in place for use by those with mobility issues only. Door will open services at 8:50AM.
- We will encourage one-way travel through the facility. Entrance will be through front door and exit through sanctuary south-end access door. Those whose mobility is limited may wait for the majority to depart the sanctuary and then go out through the front doors.
- We will practice social-distancing as seating in the sanctuary will be arranged and spaced to accommodate both family groups and individuals. We will have pre-designated seating for guests and will utilize those seats last as needed. In some cases seating may be pointed out for you.
- Restrooms will be open and thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis. We recommend no more than 2 at a time in the room.
- Entry doors for the common areas of the church will be propped open.
- We will refrain from casual access to the fellowship hall, kitchen, and church offices. Classrooms, nursery, coat room, and drinking fountains are closed for use until further notice. Maintain social distances from the sound board and do not congregate in that area.
- Frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned faithfully following services.
- Bulletins will be printed on Thursday and set in place on the sanctuary seating. Hymnals will not be distributed. You may follow the service in the bulletin or with the display on screen. Service order and times may be abbreviated to reduce our time grouped together. Please come equipped to keep young children occupied with your family resources.
- Offering plates will be placed at the entrances to the sanctuary.
- Communion will be served on the first and third Sundays of the month in a continuous approach. An additional opportunity may also be offered for online viewers to drive-in to receive communion. Watch the weekly announcements for an update. Pastor and Elders will wear masks and gloves and have prepared a process to distribute the Lord’s Supper to reduce physical contact. Strenuous effort will be made to prepare the elements safely.
- Singing by the congregation is encouraged while wearing a mask.
- Fellowship gatherings will be on hold and no refreshments will be provided for the time being.
Please stay home if you are concerned about your health or have any considerable reservations about being near other people or feel you are particularly at-risk. This virus is dangerous, but our Lord is greater still! (John 16:33) Have confidence in all that He has provided and make decisions as you are able. It is a God-pleasing decision to make the choice that best suits your health and the well-being of those around you. If you have questions, concerns, or comments, please call or email Pastor or an elder.
God bless you in the victory of our faith,
Pastor Ken Boudreau
1 John 5:4
Hope Lutheran Church is a family oriented, Bible centered and mission focused congregation. We love all first, encourage all to grow and then teach all to follow the example of Jesus in servant-hood.
"Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God."
"Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony."
Like Jesus, we are servants. We are committed to serving one another humbly in love, using our gifts to demonstrate the gospel to others.
Philippians 2:3-8, Galatians 5:13-14, 1 Peter 4:10
9:00 AM - Worship
10:00 AM - Outside Fellowship Time
10:30 AM Education Hour for Kids and Adults (August-May)